Responsive Websites

responsive web design photo

What is Responsive Web Design

Responsive Web Design make use of design and development practices that respond to the user's behavior and environment as regards to screen size, orientation and operating system. A web site should look good, and be easy to use, regardless of what device it is be viewed on. Responsive Web Design makes your website look good on all your viewing devices whether your audience is using a desktop, tablet or smartphone. By using Drupal tools along with grids, CSS and HTML to automatically adjust your website, it will look great whether your at your desk, on your couch or on the train.

Why do you need a responsive web site ?

Because according to this report by comScore, mobile web, and mobile usage as a whole accounts for 60% of time spent consuming digital media, while desktop-based digital media consumption makes up the remaining 40%. Mobile web browsing has surpassed desktop so more than half of all visitors to your site will be viewing it on a mobile phone. This means that if your website is not mobile friendly then you will probably be loosing half of all visitors to the site. Wait! there's more, Google has recently started penalizing websites that are not mobile friendly by demoting their search ranking, so people searching the web on mobile will probably never see you listed in a search engine.